2014-10-21

werner muller and the london festival and chorus
- a mystic portrait of the moody blues (1974)

....................


....................

what a fantastic and strange werner muller album. done with the london festival orchestra and chorus, the sound is big and anthemic, and the tracks meander to dramatic crescendos, all in a lush production as only 1974 would offer. been loving listening to it as i've been ripping it. this may be out there already, but it's new to me and i'm loving it, so i decided to add it for those still missing this lovely entry in mr. muller's broad and brilliant career.
if i had to pick a favourite (though i love them all,) it would be "land of make-believe," which for me is a haunting gem of string, horn and flutey seventies bliss (does that come with ice cream? :)).
....................

01 - have you heard
02 - are you sitting comfortably
03 - ride my see-saw
04 - isn't life strange
05 - the story in your eyes
06 - question
07 - tuesday afternoon
08 - land of make-believe
09 - nights in white satin
....................
..........

PFS 4293



11 comments:

Vinyl Room said...

Thanking you.

VR

detour said...

Big pleasure. Always enjoy returning the favour.

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

Very interesting post, thank you very much! Just saw this now, so I can't give my opinion yet, just that I like to see it posted and that I definately will have a listen.

What I wanted to ask you is:

last weekend I saw in another blog in a window a post by you of Raymond Lefevre (you know, in these "latest posts windows"), and when I came here to have a look, it was nowhere to be found.

I really looked like 3 times around, checked also older posts, but nothing. It had vanished.

Did you delete it right away? Did you get complaints? What could have been the reason?

detour said...

Hi, two of my recent posts got pulled by the copyright police - a franck pourcel (i think you must be referring to that one) and a roberto delgado. they get set to "draft," pulled from public view, then added to a bulletin of recent "illegal" posts. as i want to keep the peace, and my blog, i submit to the powers-that-be.

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

Oh, yes, you are right, it was Pourcel (also a french dude, so I was still half right).

Interesting how that works, thanks for the explanation. I guess I was lucky then to have grabbed the Delgado right away...

If it is going like this, I understand we have to grab all new posts immediately, before some copyright police can confiscate them...

I have started to do that, but on the weekends I often have to time to do that, and when I look again, the post is gone...

Well, Pourcel is a classic, that album will re-appear, I am sure.

detour said...

Email me on dretief@yahoo.com Ms Witch :).

Inn said...

Thank You! Спасибо!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post. I am a big MB fan and was thrilled to listen to this album. It really does justice to the style and feel of the originals. I was especially pleased to hear vocals on these tracks. Thanks again.

tripmaster said...

this is an amazing album. so amazing in fact that i ended up sampling 'have you heard' and concocted a mashup of my own. you can hear it here:

http://soundcloud.com/tripmastermonk/fist-of-the-tripping-monk

just wanted to thank you for putting me on to this, as i couldn't have made that track without your help!

detour said...

Cool track tripmaster :). Love it!

Pokey said...

Love The Moody Blues! [you DO know that the LONDON FESTIVAL OCHESTRA WORKED with the Moody Blues...don't you?]

S.Carras